Youth Development Program
The POC Youth Development program is designed to equip low-income, academically talented youth 14 – 17 years of age with workforce readiness, leadership, entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills. The program operates during the summer months and provides either a stipend or salaried position to youth for training and employment.
Training topics include:
- Social/emotional skills
- Problem Solving
- Decision making/Goal setting
- Budgeting/Financial management
- Employability skills
- Health issues
- Leadership and community involvement
After training, students are assigned to many different employers to gain hands-on work experience.
- 14-17 years of age
- Presently in high school
- Meet DEO Poverty Income Guidelines (please click here for income guidelines)
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
How to Apply:
- Fill out the form and save
- Verify that the form is saved with the form fields you entered
- If you cannot save the form, download the form, print it out, fill it in with a pen and mail in the hardcopy to this address:
Pinellas Opportunity Council, Inc.
501 1st Ave. North
Fifth Floor, Suite 517
St. Petersburg, Florida 33701
Program Contact Information: (727) 823-4101 ext. 115